Joining Redmond ARES
There are two basic requirements for ARES membership:
- An amateur radio license
- A willingness to serve your community
Becoming a MembercHere's how to become a member:
- Attend three or four monthly meetings to find out if the Redmond ARES mission is a good fit with your interests and abilities.
- Request an application. You can use our contact form, or send mail to "info" at redmond-ares.org.
- Pass a basic police background check. This is required for access to city facilities.
Once your membership is approved, you'll receive a City of Redmond photo ID card and be assigned a duty station.
What is Expected of a Member
To maintain your status as an active member of Redmond ARES, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Attend at least one meeting per quarter.
- Check in during at least three weekly on-air nets per quarter.
- Meet the basic training requirements.
- Participate in planned deployments and emergency call-outs.
- Maintain a basic emergency activation kit (also known as a go bag or jump kit).
Ready to get started?